Talking To Your Doctor About Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements
If you've talked with your doctor about ways to be proactive about your heart health, you may want to consider asking about heart health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and fish oil supplements. Below is a handy list of questions to bring with you to your next appointment.
- How do I know if I'm getting enough omega-3s, or essential fatty acids?
- How should I get omega-3s, from food or supplements?
- What is the recommended dosage of fish oil? Is it influenced by my age, gender, or heart health status?
- What is the recommended amount of EPA and DHA I should look for in a fish oil supplement?
- Will taking an omega-3 fish oil supplement interfere with my current medications?
- Can I take an omega-3 fish oil supplement while on an aspirin regimen?
- How should I store my omega-3 supplement? Does it need to be refrigerated?
- What other steps can I take to support my heart health?